Loyalty Program - Terms and Conditions
The Booku Bucks Loyalty Program is operated by Eclipse Commerce Pty Ltd trading as Booku.
All Members of the Booku website are bound by the following terms and conditions that relate specifically to the Loyalty Program.
Membership and Access to Loyalty Program
1. All account holders (Members) are automatically provided with access to the Loyalty Program upon registration and can commence accruing Booku Bucks immediately.
2. Membership of Booku and the Loyalty Program is subject to acceptance by Booku at its absolute discretion. Booku reserves the right to remove Members from the website and Loyalty Program, for any reason that it sees fit.
3. Membership of Booku and the Loyalty Program is only activated by valid registration accepted via our website and is only available to individuals. Corporations, partnerships, trusts and other entities are not eligible to participate in the Loyalty Program.
4. Any Booku Bucks are forfeited if the individual ceases to be a Member.
5. Each member, by virtue of their membership of Booku and the Loyalty Program consents to Booku sending marketing messages via email or other media from time-to-time.
Crediting of Booku Bucks
6. 5 cents in every whole dollar spent making an Eligible Purchase on the Booku website will be accrued in Booku Bucks upon purchase of the product. Booku may also offer bonuses or other promotional credits from time-to-time on terms set by Booku in its absolute discretion.
7. Eligible Purchases comprise all purchases of eBooks made on the Booku website. Booku Bucks are not accrued for purchases made on partner websites, such as Boomerang Books.
8. In general, all purchases on the Booku website will be deemed 'eligible' for crediting Booku Bucks, however, Booku does reserve the right to remove this eligibility for specific products, promotions or discounts at its sole discretion.
9. Booku Bucks are credited to the purchaser of gift vouchers at the time of purchase, not when the gift voucher is redeemed by the voucher recipient.
10. The Member's Booku Bucks balance is displayed in the status area in the top right corner of the Booku website when the Member is signed in.
Redemption of Booku Bucks
11. Only the Member may redeem their own Booku Bucks - Booku Bucks are not transferable to other members.
12. Booku Bucks can only be redeemed as a credit towards subsequent purchases on Booku. Booku Bucks are not redeemable for cash or credits of any other kind, under any circumstances.
13. Booku Bucks cannot be redeemed for certain products or during certain promotions or discount periods. In most situations, Booku Bucks can be accrued (but not redeemed) for these purchases.
14. The Member may choose when he/she wishes to redeem Booku Bucks by using the redemption option in the checkout process. Members may choose to use all or part of their Booku Bucks towards a purchase. Booku Bucks can only be redeemed in multiples of $5. Any residual Booku Bucks after redemption remain on the Members Booku Bucks balance for subsequent use.
15. If a refund is due to a Member, and the original payment accrued Booku Bucks to the Member's balance, then the corresponding amount of Booku Bucks will be deducted from the Member's balance upon refund.
16. Booku reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Program at any time by providing at least 90 days notice to members.
17. Booku may terminate any membership of the Program without notice if the Member: fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions; engages in misleading or deceptive conduct in connection with the Program; dies or is declared bankrupt; or does not make an Eligible Purchase within 12 months of the preceding purchase.
18. Booku reserves the right to credit or debit Booku Bucks from member accounts, as necessary (eg. refunds).
19. A Member may terminate their membership in the Program at any time by giving written notice to Booku.
20. All credited Booku Bucks will be forfeited on termination of a Member's membership.
21. To the extent permitted by law, any liability that Booku may have to a Member relating in any way to the Program whether for negligence, breach of contract or otherwise is limited: in the case of any claim relating to Booku Bucks, to crediting the relevant number of Booku Bucks to the member’s account; and in any other case, to a maximum of $0.05 for each dollar spent on the website via that Member's account at the time the liability arose.
22. Booku may make any changes to the Program at any time in its absolute discretion, provided that it provides due notice to Members where so provided in these Terms and Conditions.