Bluefire Reader - Alternative App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
The Bluefire Reader by Bluefire Productions, LLC is an alternative option for reading Booku eBooks on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Unlike our own supported app, Overdrive Media Console, the Bluefire Reader supports Adobe PDF eBooks. Overdrive Media Console supports Adobe ePub files only.
The Bluefire Reader can be downloaded via the Apple App Store. Further information about the app can be found on the Bluefire website here: http://www.bluefirereader.com/ and help documentation is here: http://www.bluefirereader.com/help/
Here is a quick step-by-step guide for 'side loading' Booku eBooks into Bluefire Reader on your Apple device:
- Get yourself an Adobe ID.
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions on your computer (Mac or PC).
- Download your purchased eBook to your computer. It should open in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Open the App Store on your iPad/iPhone and search for 'Bluefire'. Install and open the free Bluefire app.
- When you open the app you will be prompted to authorise with your Adobe ID. Enter your Adobe ID (email address) and password, and select 'Activate'.
- Plug your device (iPad/iPhone) into your computer.
- Open iTunes and in the left-hand navigation bar select your device eg iPad
- Select 'Apps' from iTunes top menu, then select the Bluefire app that appears at the lower left of screen.
- Navigate to the location of your purchased book on your PC/Mac. Not sure where to find it? Open Adobe Digital Editions. On your selected title click the top left arrow and from the drop-down menu select 'item info'. This shows you the file path to follow to locate your selected title.
- Drag your eBook file across to the Bluefire documents window within iTunes (lower right of screen).
- Disconnect your device from your PC/Mac.
- Select the Bluefire app on your iPad/iPhone. Your book will now appear in the Bluefire library, ready to read!